Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Crossing the Atlantic for the first time

Started from Delhi airport with slightly heave heart and wet eyes (wonder since when I have got this soft heart in me, anyways!). Reached Frankfurt airport to find things are not the same post world cup days in Germany. I think people had too much of beer during the games and were looking relatively fatter! ... or may be Berlin is a better place to stay healthy... anyways it was a short but nice stay there. Almost missed my flight when they changed the gates ... and to my surprise and shock kept another US airways flight at the same gate. Anyways I had to rush in the last minute to get on to the right flight. On board, finally found a TV screen (my dad's fav Lufthansa is not the same any more ... had no personal entertainment what so ever)
Anyways just woke up as we were nearing Philadelphia and saw the beautiful eastern coast line of the states... it was a mix feeling again as if there is a vast sea on one side and land of opportunities on the other and I was always hoping this plane does not plunge in the blue ocean below... (kind of an analogy I think)

At US immigration, no problems what so ever... however I had to take my checked-in baggage back to take it through another round of inspection... as I had only 2 hours I tried to rush through every gate as fast as possible... but alas missed the flight by mere 5 minutes... the next flight was 5 hours later and I had all the time with me to go to downtown Philly and come back :) Took the 8:30 PM flight to Detroit and reached around 11. Took a taxi to my friend's (Hitesh Handa) place, dived in to the chicken that he had prepared for me and plunged in to deep sleep as soon as I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home