Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ross Leadership Program - Phase I - Alien Land

Started my Ross Leadership program here and was quiet intimidated looking at the classmates here... boy did they think they are from a different planet or something... everyone had this air/flair around him... to top it all, we were sitting on these lunch tables in a big auditorium and I was seated with 7 other Americans.

To tell you the truth, in the beginning I could not even understand what the hell they were talking about... I mean Hockey was simply Ice-Hockey, Football and then the politics in Minnesota and where not... finally I had a lady on the table to my rescue who didn't like too much of anything I mentioned either and the men then went on to Beer!! Came Germany and came Almighty... I think having seen it all first hand helped me to teach them a lesson on Bavarian Beers and Dunkel Beck's!

However, taking nothing away from the program, I think it was a great exercise, the focus of the school is to get more and more leaders out rather than consultants, Marketing managers and financial analysts, which to me was a great exercise.

Oh BTW, did I mention that the program begins at 0800 hrs in the morning and that I am getting up at 0645 these days to catch my 0729 hrs bus... :) Another good thing of RLP is that you get breakfast between 0800-0830, followed by good continental lunch... so far so good... the only problem is that everything is so cold here... bread is still fine; however even the boiled eggs are ice-cold!

Anyways, Coming back to RLP, we had full-day session with Jim Loehr on "How to make a corporate athlete" ... they guy had worked with people like Pete Sampras, Jim Courier, helped Monika Seles with her game and attitude post her injuries etc etc. Not just there was a session on focus and intensity in whatever we do, we went through a session on Physical fitness at work, re-energizing oneself and on nutrition! Wonderful and very full-filling day... but for the cold breakfast and colder people :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home