Monday, December 18, 2006

When love was in the Air

So what do you expect from a finance lecture. A lot of slides explaining T-bills? Well this is slightly far fetched I know… how about a lot of formulas to calculate NPVs, IRRs, Cash Flows, PVs, payments, FAF, PAF, Share value, Debt, Equity, Betas… hmmm… lets say maths? Yes, a lot of numbers for sure… right!

This is how Gautam (again no Professor) liked it…

"so what is the most enjoyable thing in the world… its love, so as long we talk about love forget finance." Finance to Gautam was the second most important thing in the world “pity the difference between first and second is too big…” (seems like heard before, go back to “The scent of a woman”)… "

The output, I didn’t study at all for any assignment yet numbers flew in front of me as if the answer itself is searching me than other ways, I didn’t study before mid-sem and found myself writing answers as if I had seen these things 100 times before, I danced for my final preparations, I danced during the exam-hall too :)

Overall, the kind of bond Gautam had with the class was never seen before. He would know every student, their problems and their thought even before they spoke. Did I learn finance? I don’t know… anyways who care when love is still in the air :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home