Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cases, Cases and more of that...

So this is how it is going for me... I thought for my consulting intern, I need a resume that says winner of A,B,C case competition.

Impact - I ended up taking part in A,B,C....,y,z (pls note the change is case... to account for more cases )

Short Term Result - So far I have been lucky to sail through most of them but for a real bad example of BCG case (it was a one day assignment, so that means you cant do anything else, and I had a lot to do and cant manage to submit even.... shear waste of 4-5 hours efforts)... anyways lets look at some of the good stuff...
Finalist in the ATK global case competition (further results awaited)
Third prize in Medtronics case competition...

On Target - Abbott Case Competition, and Loreal Challenge

So is that all... well actually NO... now consider I have MO class on two days a week. That means studying through these long boring Management Organization cases before the class along with additional stuff... Marketing class on 2 days (same cases and cases...) and World Economy (Cases AGAIN!!!)

You would say its fine... afterall thats academics... read this... I have 2 case groups to prepare more for my case interviews and we meet twice a week and discuss CASES!

Long Term Result - I am already thinking everything in cases terms. I try to analyze everything from a problem perspective, I am looking for hard data, I am making pie charts in my brain... I make recommendations when not even asked for... I have become a CASE CRUNCHER :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Hemant said...

abe tu bawla ho gaya hai kya... kya laga rakha hai..koi acha lawyer kar ke aur sare cases close kar de !

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home