Sunday, November 12, 2006

To Bob and Shanon...


Let me dedicate this post to two of my section mates Bob (Robert Flynn) and Shannon Baker… Bob is originally from Boston and Shannon had spent a lot of time in Spain, including a short visit to India, before coming over to Stanford for her bachelors. So why these two Americans to start with… Well because I think to find better examples of level-headedness was difficult for me.

I met Bob first time in my Game-theory exercise. When you are playing such games in a B-School it is very hard to keep the Universal output above zero. Bob decided to stay bubye to any prisoner’s dilemma and went ahead with the agreed proposition. My team decided otherwise and I still owe one to Bob… As I started knowing him more and more, I noticed one thing more and more… when it comes to established beliefs, Bob always liked to question them, he always had a different not necessary difficult approach to solve problems and he came as a very friendly person in most of his conversations. Finally, I also saw his openness with respect to cultures, countries and communities, which was a great relief for me. As a fellow section mate, I think it is great to have him in the class. Oh before I forget, Bob was the second fastest runner in our class during the MBA1 Games. I am sure there is a long distance to travel for him!

Shannon…!!! Her intellectual, spectacle-laden face almost covers/hides that bubbly smile of hers. With-in this Stanford grad lives a little kid that still wonders in the Spanish world she grew in, and blushes on the Economics’ grades most of the time. Shannon naturally comes as a person with a lot of academic knowledge and her comments in the class generally attract a lot of praises for the impact they have. However, that’s not why I am talking about her. When it comes to respect for cultures, countries and communities, I think she matches Bob all the same.

As a fellow section mate I think it is my privilege to have these two people in my class. Thanks a lot to both of you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home