Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chicago – the windy-city; Austin – the sunny side

One good thing about the whole recruiting process was that I got a lot of opportunities to travel with the firms. Call it bad luck or luck, the location of Ann Arbor is so isolated that we have to travel far for most of our recruiting activities. With a couple of second rounds scheduled in Chicago, I was fortunate enough to visit the always honking downtown, enjoy the skyline and even have some Indian delicacies at Devan Street. Having spent some considerable time in Ann Arbor and the only big city around being an old and sparse Detroit, it was a good break to get back some urban (in)sanity around.

If I liked Chicago for its rushing running pace, Austin gave me a welcome break from the Michigan or Illinois cold. After what may seem like an age, I was welcomed by warm Texan breeze. The sun was refreshingly hot and the shiny to almost blind me. Sixth street had its own flavor as I roamed around this university town in its full spring glory. The trips organized by Dell with-in their premises and outside were really amazing and I must also add the hospitality of the town was equally warm.
My only wish would have been a company in Texas from Michigan. Alas! Even with a lot of offers to fellow Rossians it seems I would not be having a lot of people from there. Also, with the temperatures going in above 100 ranges in the summers here, I am not sure how much of this I am going to enjoy once I am back here. Just keep reading here as the event unfold :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home