Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The real celebration of the New Year

The real celebrations started with Raka visiting us in Ann Arbor on 28th Dec. Started the long party on 29th night, continued on 30th night, 31st morning and then in the night as well. With a couple of MBA1s preparing in this semester break for the coming recruiting-month, it was easy to get along with a few on the 31st night and we had some good time together. Raka also introduced me to the Glen named drinks and am I impressed with the choices… you bet!!! The smell, the color, and the taste… three things that distinct the great drink from others, if you leave the hangover part aside!!!


Had some long overnight parties and the hangover didn’t go until the school started again. With Amiya out of town in London, I was very much to myself for most of the time and spend much of that in preparing cover letters and running through the close lists. It was also pretty difficult to take on phone calls wishing you new year on 31st starting 5AM in the morning until 12 PM from different parts of the world… just another skewed problem with the globalization… and about those avid Orkut users, people get a life outside sending the damn messages to everyone in your friend list… you might just be offending people like me who are not really celebrating.
Good thing about this whole break was that I am an official driver now, much better than I had expected out of myself and I have continued to improve my squash skills. So far so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home