Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MAP (Multi-disciplinary Action Project) – Hello India

Now before I start talking about MAP and the things related, let me talk a little more about MAP for people who are not from Michigan or haven’t applied here J

MAP happens in the second quarter of our winter semester in order to prepare students for the various aspect of real-business problem (remember Action Based Learning). It is the flagship program of Ross and of course you can find more about this at the MAP webpage but to me this is a great time to prepare yourself for the summer internship and gives you a great exposure to the various aspects of the business.

The process to pick-up MAP is also interesting. Students first go through the descriptions of over 100 projects. Having done that they give their top 10 choices to the MAP office. As iMAPs (International MAPs) are very much in demand every year there is an allocation issue with regards to iMAPs. So after all the students send in their choices, MAP office finally allocates the projects to various students depending upon the team structure and the individual capabilities.

I picked 6 of my 10 MAP bids in India. You can choose 7 iMAPs at the maximum and I chose Papa New Guinea as my seventh choice. No particular reason beside the desire to be back at home, so I chose the one with the longest time in India plus a travel opportunity to Delhi as my top choice. Until the results were announced, I was keeping my fingers crossed. Thankfully, I got my first choice at Johnson & Johnson Medical India and an opportunity to spend 5 weeks in India. The euphoria was further extended with the extended time in India (around 6 and a half weeks) and announcement of sub-teams with my team spending most of the time in the North-India, Delhi included!!! This certainly was the best news thus far for me in the month of Jan. What a relief to go back to India and relax a little in the warmth there. Mann I miss my country all the more now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had chosen Papua New Guinea as your first choice, you would not have got a very bad deal either...though I agree it can't back going back to india...have fun

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home