Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Sixth Week of Internship

Done with the sixth week and I celebrated the half-way mark this week end. So much done and so much more that can be done :)

The important activities around the week included a Round Rock Express Game on Monday. Supposedly Dell has paid some 2 million for 5 years of marketing deal with Express and it is no wonder the diamond is called Dell Diamond. However, when the team you are supporting shows you a no-hitter game you better be prepared to cheer for something else and this time we did cheer for something else, our schools. So in the shout-off among schools, Umich was adjudged joint-first along with … I don’t know which school :) On Tuesday, I went for the Associate for the day program and spent half day on shop floor. It was after a long time that I was with these machines, finding my way out of the assembly line mazes. So we spent some good time understanding the entire process and then started working on the putting the parts required in boxes. I guess it was a light day and the slowness of the entire system thanks to parts not available was making things even lighter. However one of the person did comment that I was good at the work :) Oh BTW you can read this to know more about the process at Dell.

With rest of the week being part of usual here, the weekend came out to be good (again!). Played beer pong on Friday and Saturday, went to gym on all days and practiced some cases with others. With my PC in bad shape I was not able to do much of the surfing at home but I did manage to finally burn all my data in to DVDs and I am prepared to send that on Monday. For those of you wondering why am I not replying to your emails - well don’t have access is the short answer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home