Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Elections and some responsibilities

The second week on February was full of elections in various clubs at Ross. Looking at the shear number of clubs, I would be surprised if any of us would be left without being a VP of any clubs… especially if you really wanted it to shine on your resume J… jokes apart, I just thought to concentrate on my dear consulting club and Indian Subcontinent Business Association (ISBA). As the elections approached finding two dear friends going for the same president position in consulting didn’t help me much. Anyways, I decided to stay away from dirty blame-game and to concentrate on the dirty and yet fulfilling job of our casebook. So stood for the VP of casebook and thanks to support of dear all, made it to the board rather easily.

However, ISBA was a different story. First of all, it was the passion for the club that I wanted a key position and secondly I not only wanted a key position but to go with a team that will change the way ISBA performs and operates at Ross. Having made this clear to my fellow Desis, the difficult part was to convince them to be a part of this change management team. Anyways, thankfully we were able to gather a few good men (and a woman) in our team with I going for the president’s position.

Another good news for the community was to have Abhishek Gopalka and Sonal Singla as the presidents of Consulting Club and Finance Club respectively. With this team of MBA1, I am sure the next year will have a great time here. Good luck to the newcomers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home