Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Arrival of the Little One

One of the reasons for choosing MAP in India was the expected arrival of a little one in our family. When Meenakshi told me the expected date is around 18th April, I knew I would be seeing the baby here in India, no matter what. On 14th of April, I got the call from Ashok about Deepu being blessed with a baby girl – Awesome… I tried almost everyday after that to get the next flight to Delhi and see little Samhita (Sam – as I am going to call her)… alas all in vain… well not entirely. On 20th just a day before my flight to US, I got the tickets and as I reached Delhi, I could not wait any longer. As I drove past everyone in that Delhi traffic, Dad and Ashok were biting their nails… and so be it. The little one was sleeping on the bed in the house and boy she looked so tiny even with the tones of clothes over her. As I held her in my palm I could not help but wonder at the cute Sam’s lack of fear. The little girl didn’t cry even for once in my entire stay on few hours. God bless the child.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home