Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Holi-celebrations in the School


After taking charge of the ISBA, celebrating Holi was going to be our first opportunity to showcase the energies and enthusiasm of the new team and I don’t think we disappointed anyone here. Swapnil really took a lead in making sure all of us start an early preparations and Jayant took charge of execution to near perfection. And if the support from the board members was not enough, a lot of people came out on Sunday evening to help us with the decorations for the next day. The operation machines started carving out paper water-guns (pichkaaris) to decorate the Executive residence and a lot of the better halves gave their dupattas and saris to help us decorate the hall. Chits and I took the responsibilities for the posters and we were able to do some good stuff at the end. The end-result at 2:30 in the morning was looking really good and all we desired now was a dissent turnout for the function. With most of my day spent in shopping for the event and finding colors for the Rangoli competition, and night being in the executive hall, I was in two minds with regards to next day’s MAP orientation. But I did make it to the hall, only to perform my way to glory. This was by far the maximum reach I have head with respect to head turns in my life as I slept on the last seat making four rows turn towards me with my snores!!!

After catching my sleep in the Rackahlm Auditorium, it was time to wait and see the effect of our hard work… we were also worried that because of the first day of MAP not many people would come to celebrate Holi with us… all speculations came to an end as I reached the Executive residence and seeing all those Desis in their colorful Indian outfits made me really proud. As I went to take part in the Rangoli competition, the crowd build-up really put up a stamp of success. The food, the colors, the rangoli, the decorations, everything generated enough curiosity among our class. Even the name that Ross is so proud of, a la (C.K.) Prahlad helped us in our cause! The hero of the festival was reminded to many who had not even heard of the festival.

As the day closed, we went to see “Rang De Basanti”, a special screening in the school to showcase the colors of today’s and yesteryear’s India… and as I watched the movie, I missed my India all the more… good thing is that this time the wait would not be too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home