Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The last few hours in India

I had never been cheated like this before in my life. Reached Mumbai domestic airport from Delhi and decided to take a taxi for the international airport. As I came out one guy asked me if I need a taxi and I nodded. The usual black and yellow cab came and as I asked the guy about the fare he said he will show me the chart. Thinking that it will be the usual cab chart, I was fine until I got this weird chart stating the rate for domestic airport to international airport as 1350!!! “Stop the cab right now…” I shouted. Already pissed off with so many things in life I didn’t want to get this dirt on me anymore… I blasted the guy and just then the thought of being in Mumbai – the land of vanishing people – dawned up to me. I finally negotiated the price at 500 and reached the highway. Seeing me a little restless the guys led me to another taxi and flew away from there is no time; however not before sharing their loot with this taxi driver and requesting him to drop me to the airport. Man, only if I had some time in my hand and some more energies… the last few hours in India been a reminder for me – for a long time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home