Wednesday, May 02, 2007

MAP over – FINALLY!!!

After fighting a numerous times among ourselves, draining out every iota of energies of me and leaving me silent for days now… the MAP is over. I am sure I would be hearing it from many more in Ann Arbor but the feeling of “Never ever working with any of these people” was the strongest in our team for sure. The things got further worse with Anjani sending out her feedback to the entire first year club with her wonderful illustrations of what she thought of the contribution from a few team members. I tried to keep my cool all this while but this was going too far with your personal agenda. To hell with it, I am feeling so relieved by the mere thought of having pulled it through that I don’t even care for what grade I get now. The first experience of the shared leadership is not really something to be proud of; however, there have been many take away for me in terms of my own learning – Firstly, I learnt to deal with ambiguity in a more systematic approach and also to deal with the multiple and conflicting interests. Secondly, to manage the expectations of your faculty and sponsor at the same time is something that will help me in long way; and thirdly and most importantly, it taught me to keep the loose ends tight in a project environment – something that I started in Evalueserve but experienced to this degree only in the shared leadership environment.

Kudos to the MAP – for being finally done with!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home