Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cold Turkey - Finally!


I never thought it is going to be this difficult, but finally I did it. After thinking for years and years and breaking countless promises, I quit cigarettes finally. There was no particular reason why I started it, but for an act and there is no particular reason why I stopped… may be it curtains to this act. So how do I plan to go about it - I read a lot and lot before making this decision this time and went through the do's and don’ts well this time. Let me share some of those here -


  • Telling my friends - This was the first thing I did soon after deciding to quit - Tell your friends, family, all around... that I am quitting, so that they know and are ready to help. i was looking for some motivation and fishing for it among friends… afterall the more congratulatory messages one will get the stronger will be one's resolve.

  • I want it - I am proud of it - Even after the support from the world, it is so much a personal choice here. So, I keep reminding myself that I really want it and I am proud of my decision.

  • Millions have done it - Another thing which is helping me getting over it. I am not different - Millions have done it, most of them worse than me and I can do it as well. The biggest example is that of my dad itself - he has been a smoker for almost 20+ years before quitting it one day - Never to go back again.

  • Rewarding myself - Oh yes, some calculations did help… now I am not doing a year on year how much I would spend on smoking… just one at a time… so after every two days, I would add $5 to my no smoking piggy bank and at the end of the month that is my reward for not smoking. (Additional point - I have already decided to give 50% of that money to organizations helping other in quitting!)

Last Smoke - July 3, 2007, 0900 Hrs CST

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bamax said...

cool dude..!!

good luck for your quitting plan.. Wish u all the best..!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life's taking a slow turn..without a sound...Golden rays of the sun have already hit the sand.....it's going to be beautiful!!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Manish said...

Thank you all!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home