Monday, March 05, 2012

Feb Update: on track for 8/10 resolutions

It's time for another update on how I am doing with my resolutions. I am happy to say that Feb was a very productive month overall. Not only I didn’t let myself slip on any of my in-control goals, I was able to make up some ground on Reading and family wish-list. This came on top of some of the high priority and pressure environment of work. Final tally is 8/10 goals in line, one under risk and one still going red.

Here are more details on each one:

1. Vacation planning:
Quite a fun this has been… going through all the fantasy tours of places we can all be together. Anyways, Family vacation is now going in to decision stage. I have talked to Dad, Chitra, Chetna Didi and Meenakshi and we have 3 options ready. The first one is to stay in a cottage in Uttranchal and relax and the other two involve some travel in Rajasthan. Hopefully, we would make a decision this month and start working on the logistics.

2. Cooking on Saturdays
I continued the impressive work this month too – on all 4 weeks. Tried Rotis as promised and made some good progress! Other items made this month included: Dal Makhni, Navrattan Korma, Paneer Butter Masala, Mutter Paneer, Veg Biryani and Gulab Jamuns!

If the pictures don’t impress you, look at those Gulab Jamuns again!

3. Washing clothes, dishes over weekend
All 4 weekends, did my duties religiously. This one is now part of weekly ritual so I would mark it complete (unless ofcourse I slip in future).

4. Develop an activity with Chitra
Gardening is turning out to be more and more Dad and my activity with Maanas observing. See the picture below for yourself. As for Chitra and I, we need to discuss something more creative soon…



5. Build a wish list for entire family
Started working on a few items for all in the family and making some good progress on the fulfillment part now as well. Yay! In addition to this, BTW, I have made a list of all important dates for the family members, so as to never be reminded again about a birthday, anniversary… never again!

Moving on to the Personal goals now…

6. Creative writing (10 poems and 2 plays)
Silence – RED as of now.

7. Creative reading (12 books – 2.5 Done!)
Just finished with this very interesting read called "Quiet" recently after "Social Factor". I guess I would be writing a separate blog on the book and the feelings it generated. The short term version is that I have got a new respect for my introvert self!

8. Finish level 3 of Spanish
Finished first Level 1 as planned and started Level 2. Slightly behind for this month, but mostly because I didn’t reload Rosetta Stone software for 2 weeks after my Laptop crashed recently. I think I can easily catch up again here.

9. Come to a 180 Lbs constant weight this year (touch 175 on scale)
One reading of 189 recorded finally for Feb, this is going fine right now, but I am afraid all the delicious food I am exposed to these days might make me stumble any day. Need to watch out for this.

10. Running a Half Marathon
First 6 miles completed this month! Ahead of plan thus far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Swapnil said...

I am watching this!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Manish said...

Swap - that is the intent :)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home