Monday, July 16, 2007

HP Computer Service

Once in a while, you can't help but praise your competitor. Well today is one such day. By the way, I own an HP PC that I bought just after coming over for my MBA (so I had no clue about my summer and also I was carrying a lot of corporate brand image from India). My PC had been giving me some trouble on and off with the "stuck shift key" problem and whenever I thought to send it over the net day everything was working fine.

Finally, in the first week of June, it decided to start troubling me forever and went permanently stuck. I called up HP service center and they asked me to send my PC over. Having all your data on your hard drive can be a big problem and I soon realized that when I started making copies of that on DVDs. It took me 3 weeks to get DVDs, get DVD burner software and finally to make those DVDs. All this while I kept using onscreen keyboard.

Having sent me PC, I was expecting some phone calls saying "you dropped water over your keyboard… there is a scratch etc etc. (which happened to me when I sent me Mobile phone to T-Mobile) and that you will have to pay so much for this and that… " I was ready to shell some dollars frankly.

What happened was not only surprising it was delighting. With-in 3 days I get this email that my PC in on its way back - no questions. I saw this information in the box that my keyboard was so damaged they had to replace it - again no questions!!! I give them this time - thanks a lot HP people… You were awesome. Next time you will call me to review my service contract - You will be hearing a Yes from a very happy customer!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home