Monday, July 16, 2007

Bats of Austin - Night Wings

One thing that makes me wonder if how Americans are so good at marketing. I have heard so many times statements like -

"Oh you must see that tree… it is great... More than 100 years old… it is said that when such an such person came here he sat under that tree" - Gosh give me a break, I am sure there are many trees in my farm that are older than this one… and probably larger too and then once in a while…

"This is a great historical site - to a house which looks around a century old not much" Oh yeah well so is my house back in India!

But I saw the ultimate this Friday. July 13th the Friday was the day for "Run for Bats" 5 mile race in Austin and I thought it will be a good idea to see these 1.5 million bats. Gosh I waited for more than one hour along with this large crowd that had gathered much before I went… then it was pitch dark and then we saw a few bats hovering under the congressional bridge… Dude the bats in my house were far more exciting as I used to hit them with my towel! Think about it, not only people are making big voices out of these Bat stories they are also making big bucks by arranging events like these. Only if I can ask for people to walk up to Taj to save it from vehicle pollution… any thoughts?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home