Monday, July 16, 2007

My Eighth Week of Internship

This was a happening week in all respects. Went to bowling games, to lakes, to parties, to meetings, almost everywhere. So much so, that I took full rest on Sunday and didn’t go anywhere. Highlights for the week included -

Tuesday - Bowling Game - Seriously my score had taken a hit ever since I have been here. I had been scoring 150+ consistently off late and suddenly it went to sub 120s in my first two games in Austin and I lost my sleep. The spare-king (as I would have loved to call myself given my very high conversion on spare pins) was suddenly out of touch … even on the simple single pins in corners, in middle… everywhere. And so I went to Bowling again this Tuesdays and started slow with the right weight, right posture, right release… basics really… and then I did it - Scored 168 finally :)

Thursday - Cocktail Party and Salsa - Phew… I hate when this happens to me… I had been waiting for sometime for this Thursday so that I can go out with my team and they all dropped in the last minute. I was feeling pretty miserable until this new member in our team saved the day for me by agreeing to come over. Still far for the best thing - But I still went and sat in the corner - not bothering to talk with anyone while I enjoyed my Sam Adams. Things got worse from there as I headed to down town for Salsa classes. I was told that you don’t need a partner and I happily paid for the classes and then I saw all these pairs dancing to glory as I stood in the corner… duhhh… I so much wanted to drink more… Alas I decided to come back and sleep

Friday - Austin Bats and Sixth Street - Read More here.

On the work front I met a lot of people this week to discuss the opportunities here. However the most notable of them was Lunch with COC team. For once I felt as if I know why things are happening the way they are and this information itself seems so enlightening.

Weekend - Saturday and Sunday were full chill out days - Didn’t Do anything :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home