Saturday, October 28, 2006

Egg-jams Over!!!

Finally the day came, with the marathon 6 hour startegy paper over, it was curtains to Fall A.

With the Halloween party just over with Manny and company, I was in my worst shape in the entire semester... guess what I was studying till the last hour for each exam and was never easy untill the Strategy paper got over. Here is the summary of the finals -

  1. Statistics - Finally it all boiled down to the finals. With only 20% marks been decided till date (with 3 quizzes and class participation) a 80% weightage was enough to give anybody shivers. So I entered this exam hall with all hope pinned on my Excel File that I had prepapred for the exam. The exam was slightly lenghty and I sailed though most of it thanks to the excel sheet. (was able to revise it twice before fianlly resigning to fatigue... after the nightout). Overall a great paper I think.
  2. Accounting - I had been on class average till now and was cursing myself for letting it slip when I could have done so much better with my accounting. Afterall, I had been seeing all these balance sheets all this while in my worklife. So it was another nightout for me (second in a row) and I went through each and every problem posted by our Proff. Even in the morning, I was calling up friends to check their answers and was distant enough with my confidance while going in to the exam-hall. Praying for a hard paper, so that I can differentiate a bit, I saw the questions and wow, besides the numbers here and there the statements were almost same as the pratice problems. So far so good.
  3. Economics - Came back from Accounting exam and went to Mckinsey's presentation. Post that went to one of our classmate's house to study and it was almost 3 AM when I came back... if two nightouts were not enough I simply could not sleep the whole night and with exam in the afternoon it kept troubling me the whole time... slept at around 7 finally... and gave the exam at ease.
  4. Strategy - This is how I prepared for the exam - went to Diamond's presentation in the evening, went to Nidhi's house again and kept on playing games there till 2 AM. Back at home and so sleep again... oooopppppsss.... it was scary man for I had this exam starting at 10 AM going on till 4 PM and I was sure I would fall asleep. Took the case at 10 and studied that till 12. Starting writing at 12 and for four continous hours kept on typing at same maverick speed. Over and OUT!!!

Thought of some fun post-exams and kept wandering till 9 in Ann Arbor and then slept like a log then on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home