Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Resume Reviews

Another B-School concept unfolds for us... and this one is called "Resume Reviews"

Here is how it goes... one of the recruiter company on the campus will come over to "help" the students make their resumes more impressive. It is a 15min-typical exercise and here is how it goes - First five min about the firm and why they are doing the exercise (in case you missed on something already), next five minutes on how they would look at your resume... "okay if I had been a recruiter (as if they are not) I would go through your education first... ohh IIT, I have heard about that school... then to your additional side... blab blab..." and finally the last five minutes "do you have any question specific to your resume or about our company specifically" ... think about it, you are doing this whole exercise to get a good internship and if you put yourself (read your resume) above your interest in that company the whole exercise would be a waste. So you make a good question, say thanks and Voila! it all done!

Whats your story
Another interesting phrase that I came acorss this sem when a recruiter asked me "so what's your story?" ... "I am sorry, I didn't get you, I have no story here...!" ... "Oh what I meant was why do you want to do strategic consulting"... "Ah... so that's my story!!! hmmm...."

"Whats your story"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home